- About Us
- Services Overview
- Web Solutions
- Desktop Solutions
- Business Consulting
- Managed Services
- Our Work
- Contact Us
Content Management Systems
Content Management Systems (CMS) simplify the process of publishing content to web solutions, whether a web site or some other web based solution.
A CMS allows users to create, edit, publish, and manage content to a web solution without requiring technical knowledge - enabling the content generators to create, manage, and deploy content.
CMS are complex applications that, for most web solutions, are better acquired rather than built from scratch. Thus it is important to conduct a make or buy analysis, depending on the size and complexity of the solution, and the amount and nature of the content.
Things Bayleaf believes are key to effective selection and use of content management systems:
- Acquire a CMS before making one from scratch, as much as possible, either open source or commercial;
- Choose the most appropriate CMS for your site;
- Take a look at the open source CMS's for your platform;
- The CMS does not necessarily need to run on the same platform as the primary site using it;
- Ensure the proposed CMS integrates well with the rest of the site(s) using it; and
- Drive from the things the CMS needs to do well to arrive at a selected CMS.